Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My favourite singer...

Olivia Newton John



My favourite singer is Olivia Newton John. She is a British singer who was born in 1948. She has also worked as an actress, and her most famous movie was the musical "Grease" along with John Travolta. She mainly has sung pop music.

Olivia Newton John started her career in 1971 in an all-girl group called "Soul Four". In 1975, she moved to United States  where she soon became famous with her hit "Phyisical" which remained during 10 weeks in the first place of rankings.

Among her greatest hits are "Physical", "Magic", "You Are the One that I Want", "Grease", "Summer Nights", "Heart Attack", "Let me be there" and "Hopelessly devoted to you."

I love her beacuse she has a one of the most splendid voice I has never listened to. Also, she is beautiful and feminine. I love her style, and in spite of her years (67) she looks extraordinary.

I like listening to her because the lyrics of her songs talk about very common issues about love, and more than once, I felt identified with their message.

I enjoy listening to her in karaokes, when I am with friends, or with my best friend in a car. I really enjoy personfying the content of her songs because they always tell about a broken-hearted girl, which is very funny for me.

I also admire her because of her altruism. For example, in 1979 she participated in Music for UNICEF Concert along with Bee GeesABBADonna SummerRod Stewart, among others.

My favourite song is "Hopelessly Devoted to You" and I always perform in karaokes


3 comments:

  1. Hii, Andreita! Omg, I loooove that song! And I can't believe that Olivia have 67 years old! She looks younger! Anyway, love your post!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song has sooo much feeling, it's perfect for karaoke hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Andrea. I also like her very much.

    One comment, say: "She has a one of the most splendid voiceS I has never listened to" because it´s her voice among many others.

    This is your score: task: 3
    Coherence and cohesion: 3
    Grammar and lexis: 3 =9pts =7,0

    ReplyDelete